Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
The following Job Description applies to all Cloud Infrastructure Engineering roles. Candidates can apply for the role of a Cloud Engineer/Consultant/Principal, depending on their experience, knowledge, and affinity for engagement with business and/or technology stakeholders.
The IT industry is changing: businesses are no longer buying hardware or software – they are using them as services; they are no longer running operating systems in hosted environments – Cloud is the operating system. This is the most significant milestone in IT that we’ve seen since its inception as an industry, and naturally businesses require new Cloud skills and consulting services. Do you want to be part of the Cloud revolution?
We are a Cloud technology consultancy based in London, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria with a view of serving a pan-European/Global customer base in the enterprise and midmarket space. Our target customers are leading telecoms and financial services organisations, as well as energy and utilities companies, digital and public sector agencies
We are looking to hire a number of top Cloud Infrastructure Engineers throughout 2019. They will be based in our office in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Depending on their skills and experience, Cloud infrastructure professionals may apply for a Cloud Engineer-, Consultant-, or Principal-level role.
Cloud Infrastructure Engineers will be responsible for a set of the following:
• Architect, develop and operate highly secure, compliant, resilient, cost-efficient, and high-performing solutions in Cloud and on premises environments for our customers and partners;
• Ensure that technology solutions are designed, implemented and operated in a way that solves customer problems. Always have the customer interest in mind, and think about long-term customer relationships.
• Provide technical and business thought leadership: speaking at internal and external events, customer and partner conventions; publish whitepapers, blogs, articles in the press, etc;
• Acquire new skills and learn new technologies with a view of meeting changing platform capabilities and customer requirements;
• Participate in hiring, coaching, and professional development of other team members;
• Travel internationally around 10%.
We expect that candidates will possess some of the following skills and qualifications:
• Fluent English is a must; a second European or Middle-Eastern language is an advantage
• A graduate or post-graduate degree in Computer Science, Maths or Physics is an advantage
• Industry certifications are advantages – for example MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, AWS Certified SA/Developer Associate/Professional, CISSP or CISA/CISM certification
• Amazon Web Services skills are advantages – knowledge of one or more of the following: EC2, VPC, RDS, S3, Direct Connect, CloudFront, CloudWatch, Config, CloudTrail, CloudFormation
• Strong customer focus and good business acumen
• Software lifecycle management skills: Agile concepts and frameworks, DevOps, Continuous Integration, traditional software engineering methods
• Networking and Internetworking: LAN and WAN routing & switching
• Database skills – one or more of the following: Oracle Databases and Middleware, Microsoft SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Datawarehousing
• Enterprise Applications Skills – one or more of the following: Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Lync, Microsoft SharePoint, SAP ERP
• Deployment and Automation tools – one or more of the following: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Nagios, Systems Centre
• Security & Compliance Engineering and Governance Skills – one or more of the following: security management and control frameworks, ISO 27001, PCI/DSS, SOC1/2/3, Personal Data Protection in Europe, Firewalls, IPSec, Penetration Testing, DDoS Protection, Application vulnerability assessment and protection, anti-virus/anti-spam, Identity and Access Management, Cryptography
• Cloud skills – one or more of the following: AWS, Azure, Office 365, Google Cloud Platform, Google Apps for Business, VMWare, Xen
Why should you join our team?
We are pleased to offer all successful candidates:
• A competitive compensation consisting of a base salary, corporate benefits, bonuses, and options (at company’s discretion);
• Working with pan-European and global customers and projects
• A dynamic and demanding, yet social and rewarding working environment;
• A culture that promotes learning, and personal development;
• Your ideas, opinions, and decisions count: you can shape the future of the company, the business, the various industries where you are going to work;
• You will be at the forefront of the Cloud services revolution from day one;
• You will be given opportunities to grow career-wise in professional services, consulting, sales and business development.
How to Apply?
Please send us your CV, and a short cover letter that outlines your motivation to apply on firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavour to respond to all submissions in a timely fashion.